Industrial Environmental Sustainability, Industrial Environmental, and Social Management System, Renewable Energy, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Sustainable Waste Management Engineering, Industrial Green House Gas Emission & Reduction technology, Marine Environment, and Climate Change due to Global Environmental Pollution.
MawlanaBhashani Science and Technology University, Santosh, Tangail
B.Sc. (Hon’s) in Environmental Science and Resource Management
3.52 out of 4
BangladeshAgricultural University, Mymensingh
M.S. in Environmental Science
3.937 out of4
Name of the Training
Basics of MS Office
24 November to 5 December 2013
Graduate Training Institution (GTI)
Eddy Covariance Training Course
23-25, February 2014
AsiaFlux training & seminar on methane flux and carbon cycle
23-27 February 2014
TOT Training on Social Compliance/ Environmental Standard
29th Nov-3rd December 2015
Energy Management Value and Overview: ISO 50001 (EnMS)
25th February 2016
EHS+ Center, North South University, Dhaka
Detox and ZDHC of Chemical Management
5th March 2016
SMS Environmental Alliance, Uttara, Dhaka
Environmental Awareness and Compliance in Textile Industry
13th May 2016
Collaboration of AQM, IWWRT, and IUBAT
Training on ETP Treatment Process Operation and Process Control
Institute of Water & Wastewater Research Technology (IWWRT)
Lead Auditor – ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System)
25th -29th September 2016
BUREAU VERITAS CERTIFICATION
Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) and WasteManagement
11th November 2016
Green Building Training Workshop
3rd December 2016
EHS+ Center, North South University, Dhaka
SA 8000:2014 Basic Auditor
24-28 November 2017
Global Group of Companies Limited
Higg Index FEM 3 and Implementation Strategy
Engineering Resources International Ltd.
Introduction to Sustainable Apparel Coalition and Higg FEM
28 June 2018
Lead Auditor- Training on Occupational Health and Safety Management System (ISO 45001:2018)
29th July-2 August 2018
Edullence ( CQI &IRCA) Training Partner, India
Name of Institution
Research Associate (RA)
AsiaFlux Project (MYM Site) entitled “Rice Paddy Flux Observation in Bengal Lowland: CO2 and CH4 Flux Measurement” Laboratory of Micrometeorology, Department of Environmental Science, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.
Project Management, Data Collection, Data Processing, Solving Problem in the field site after proper instruction of the Principal Researcher, and so on.
Enviro-Tech [Now Envirotech International Limited] (Work Laboratory of Environment)
Successfully finished more than 350+ Environmental related industrial project as a Team Leader in the name of “Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Initial Environmental Examination (IEE), Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and Environmental Parameter Test in the sector of the Garments industry, New University Project, Chemical Industry, Battery Industry, Steel Manufacturing Industry, Tobacco Industry, Agro-Chemical Industry, Composite Industry, Transformer Industry, Refinery Industry, Chemical Industry, LP Gas Industry, Leather Industry, etc.
Working with Bangladesh Bank and the World Bank Group Different industrial Sustainability Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Project (LTFF) & (FSSP).
Conducting EMS (ISO 14001:2015) Audit and ISO QMS (9001:2015) Audit ISO 45001:2018 Audit and prepare report for Review.
Conduct Buyer COC Audit, SADEX, GBV Assessment.
Know about ZDHC Chemical Management, DETOX, and Chemical Module-1-5.
Senior Environmental Analyst
Environmental Protection and Inspection Company
(Work Laboratory of Environment)
Technical Manager (Environment and Social)
SMS Environmental Alliance
(Work Laboratory of Environment)
List of conducted courses B.Sc. Engineering:
1. Forest and Wildlife Management
2. Oceanographyand Limnology
3. EIA and Environmental Auditing
4. Agriculture and Environment
5. Environmental Biology
6. Introduction to Environmental Science and Engineering
7. Environmental Health and Occupational Safety
The Year 2020
1. Md. Alim Miah, Md. Abdul Baten, Md. Shahadat Hossen and Akira Miyata, 2020. “Evaluation of Energy Balance Relationship over Rice Fields in Different Seasons at Mymensingh in Bangladesh.” IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT), 14(11), (2020) : pp 01-09. DOI: 10.9790/2402-1410010109.
2. Md. Yusuf Ali Papri Hazra, Ripon Bagchi, and Md. Alim Miah, 2020. Effect of Climate Change on Livestock Sector: A Case from Taltoli, Barguna. Bangladesh Journal of Extension Education, Volume 32, No. 1, 2020. Doi:http://bjee.com.bd/public/editor/show-journal/220
3. Bagchi R, Miah MA, Hazra P, Hasan R, Mondal HS, and Paul SK. 2020. Exploring the effect of rainfall variability and water extent in Tanguar haor, Sunamganj, Aust. J. Eng. Innov. Technol., 2(4), 66-76. https://doi.org/10.34104/ajeit.020.066076
The Year 2019
4. M. R. Hassan, M. A. Miah, and F. K. S. Tanzia. 2019. Critical observation for present biodiversity declines status – a review study. Bangladesh j. Environ. Sci., vol. 36, 71-74, 2019.
The Year 2018
5. M. N. H. Khan, M. A. Miah, N. Islam, M. Akter, and T. Ferdous,2018. Profitable opportunities for municipal solid waste management of Mymensingh city. Bangladesh J. Environ. Sci., Vol. 35, 31-38, 2018.
6. R. Bagchi, M. A. Miah, S. M. T. Islam, and S. C. Shil, 2018. Impacts on Environmental Components of the Proposed Liquefied Petroleum Gas Bottling and Distribution Plant at Dacope Khulna in Bangladesh. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 11(1&2):171-181, 2018.
The year 2013- 2016
1. M. A. Miah; Rana, M.; Mamum, S. A.; Akter. M. and Parveen, Z. 2013. Wastewater Pollutants of Tejgaon-Begunbari Industrial Area and Their Effects on Environment. Bangladesh J. of Environ. Sci., Vol. 24, 144-148.
2. Akter,M., Miah, M. A., Hassan, M. M., Mobin, M. N., and Baten, M. A. 2016. Textural Influence on Surface and Subsurface Soil Temperatures under Various Conditions. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 8(2): 147-151, 2016
3. Mano, M.;Miyata, A.; Baten, M. A.; Ono, K.; Kim, W.; Miah, M. A. and N. Matsuoka. 2014. CH4 Flux measurement by open-path eddy covariance system at rice field in Bangladesh. Article on: AsiaFlux training & seminar on methane flux and carbon cycle. Pp 12-13.
4. Akter, S.; Miah, M. A.; Rhaman, M. Z.; Hossen, M. S. and Baten, M. A. 2013. Farmers’ Perception of Environmental Degradation Due to Use of Pesticides. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 6(2): 13-18.
5. Hossain, M. N.;Uddin, M.N.; Rokanuzzaman, M.; Miah, M. A. and Alauddin, M.2013. Effects of Flooding on Socio-Economic Status of Two Integrated Char Lands of Jamuna River, Bangladesh. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 6(2): 37-41.
6. Rokanuzzaman, M.; Ali, M. A.;Hossain, M. N. and Miah, M. A. 2013.Study on Livelihood Status of Slum Dwellers in the North Dhaka City Corporation. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 6(2): 89-95.
7. Hossain, M. N.;Rokanuzzaman, M.;Rahman, M. A.;Bodiuzzaman, M.and Miah, M. A.2013. Causes of Deforestation and Conservation of Madhupur Sal Forest in TangailRegion. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 6(2): 109-114.
8. Hossen, M. S.; Alam, M. D.; Miah, M. A.; Baten, M. A., and Miyata, A. 2014. Seasonal variation of Carbon and energy fluxes over rice paddy field of Bangladesh. Article on: AsiaFlux training & seminar on methane flux and carbon cycle. Pp15 (Only Abstract).
9. Islam, M. S.; Sultana, S.; Saifunnahar and Miah, M. A. 2014. Adaptation of Char Livelihood in Flood and River Erosion Areas through Indigenous Practice. A Study on the Bhuapur Riverine area in Tangail. J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 7(1): 13-19.
1.Talucder, M. S. A.; Rumi, M. S.; Miah, M. A.; Baten, M.A. and Ono, K. 2014. Report on AsiaFlux Training & Seminar on Methane Flux and Carbon Cycle – 23~27 February 2014, BAU, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. Issue no. 37, August 2014, Pp no.3.